December 19, 2011

Christmas Pincushion tutorial...part 1

Here we go...
A Christmas Pincushion!!!!
Promise I will show more of it later..;O)
Hope you will try and make one...
This is my version... 
or the Christmas Style one!!!
(made one earlier that I havent showed on my blog just on Rosalie Quinlans blog)
But I love it so much and decided to share how to make one with you!!

You will need this:

* 20 scrap pieces ...around 2 1/2" big
(I used 10 different and 10 same)
*Strip 2"x 24"
*and 8" x 8" piece of fabric
*some ric rac ( around one meter) 
and some scraps for the innerbag
And of course the stitchery..:O)
5 x 5"piece of for for the stitchery
interfacing
and dark red DMC thread


*First you have to make the stitchery...
Download the stitchery here... or at my sidebar.

*I used a white piece of cotton about 5"x5" big
*Dark red DMC thread 
and I sewed with two strands 

*Prepare the cotton with some kind of fusible interface before stitching
I used a hoop but can easily be sewn with out...

Fabrics:
I used Mary Engelbreits Isn´t Christmas Jolly? 

If you have a Dresden ruler use it 
and cut out 2 1/2" wedges

if not you can use my template..

You will need 
*10 red/white check pieces
*10 other pieces of your choice


Thread your machine and start sewing!! :o)
*Pair the wedges up
(Checkered fabric at the bottom/ print on top)
I have used a 1/4" seam allowance 
Chain piece all the pieces  
*Cut them apart and fingerpress against 
the red checked fabric
*Continue to sew into larger parts...
two by two into a four piece
Fingerpress against the red checked fabric
(I wanted the red checked fabric to stand out a bit)
*Continue to sew the parts together until you 
have a nice and flat circle
*Press it carefully...dont use so much steam...

Well I think I have done enough with my thumb right now 

so I will be back with part two later...;O)




8 comments:

  1. hi stina
    I can hardly wait for part two, this looks lovely
    I just adore mary engelbreit!!
    we are expecting a heat wave for this week, don't like it at all, it only lets me be in the armchair... boooo
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I waiting for part two as well! So cute!! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute pattern. I still may get time to make it for Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh this is gorgeous just like you!!!
    Thanks Stina xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is way too cute - thank you, I LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty pincushion, but no time for stitching now :)
    Have a lovely and relaxing Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful and cheerful. I love (LOVE!) pincushions, so I'm definitely going to make this one. Thanks for the tutorial.
    Merry Christmas from America.
    xoxo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Hej!!

So nice to hear from you all... makes my day special...:o)

If I dont reply to your email.. you are probably set as a noreply...
so please see that there is a way for me to contact you...

Stina...:o)
- - -XOX- - -