Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas Pincushion tutorial...part 1

Here we go...
A Christmas Pincushion!!!!
Promise I will show more of it later..;O)
Hope you will try and make one...
This is my version... 
or the Christmas Style one!!!
(made one earlier that I havent showed on my blog just on Rosalie Quinlans blog)
But I love it so much and decided to share how to make one with you!!

You will need this:

* 20 scrap pieces ...around 2 1/2" big
(I used 10 different and 10 same)
*Strip 2"x 24"
*and 8" x 8" piece of fabric
*some ric rac ( around one meter) 
and some scraps for the innerbag
And of course the stitchery..:O)
5 x 5"piece of for for the stitchery
and dark red DMC thread

*First you have to make the stitchery...
Download the stitchery here... or at my sidebar.

*I used a white piece of cotton about 5"x5" big
*Dark red DMC thread 
and I sewed with two strands 

*Prepare the cotton with some kind of fusible interface before stitching
I used a hoop but can easily be sewn with out...

I used Mary Engelbreits Isn´t Christmas Jolly? 

If you have a Dresden ruler use it 
and cut out 2 1/2" wedges

if not you can use my template..

You will need 
*10 red/white check pieces
*10 other pieces of your choice

Thread your machine and start sewing!! :o)
*Pair the wedges up
(Checkered fabric at the bottom/ print on top)
I have used a 1/4" seam allowance 
Chain piece all the pieces  
*Cut them apart and fingerpress against 
the red checked fabric
*Continue to sew into larger parts...
two by two into a four piece
Fingerpress against the red checked fabric
(I wanted the red checked fabric to stand out a bit)
*Continue to sew the parts together until you 
have a nice and flat circle
*Press it carefully...dont use so much steam...

Well I think I have done enough with my thumb right now 

so I will be back with part two later...;O)


  1. hi stina
    I can hardly wait for part two, this looks lovely
    I just adore mary engelbreit!!
    we are expecting a heat wave for this week, don't like it at all, it only lets me be in the armchair... boooo

  2. Oh I waiting for part two as well! So cute!! Merry Christmas!!

  3. What a cute pattern. I still may get time to make it for Christmas :)

  4. oh this is gorgeous just like you!!!
    Thanks Stina xx

  5. This is way too cute - thank you, I LOVE it!!

  6. Pretty pincushion, but no time for stitching now :)
    Have a lovely and relaxing Christmas!

  7. This is beautiful and cheerful. I love (LOVE!) pincushions, so I'm definitely going to make this one. Thanks for the tutorial.
    Merry Christmas from America.



So nice to hear from you all... makes my day special...:o)

If I dont reply to your email.. you are probably set as a noreply...
so please see that there is a way for me to contact you...

- - -XOX- - -